"

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Taco Salad


Taco Salad

( my own version of taco salad )

  Sometimes, I just feel lazy or just simply one of those busy days of my life, I admit, sometimes I felt like not cooking at all, and my easy way out is simply heat up some frozen food, or left over from last night, or TACO night.
  I choose Taco night, Since it is the easiest and fastest way to whip up something for dinner. One time, I'm making taco's I just felt so tired filling the taco shells and every time it breaks on me!, So, I just crushed all the taco shells put the taco meat, cheese, sour cream, taco sauce and lettuce. It's good and fun to eat, you got a little bite of everything..
This is just my version of simple taco salad night, even little kids can help in the process of making this fast delicious meal. It is so easy, imagine making taco's...then just simply replaced the taco shells with tortilla chips or whatever chips you like... and whola ! taco salad in no time..and the more fun about eating food is sharing with someone you love.. :)
Below is the recipe of what I called Taco Salad..:)

Ingredients:
1 lb.Ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning mix
3/4 cup water
Chopped or shredded lettuce
Sour cream
Shredded cheese
Tortilla Chips
Taco sauce

Directions:
1.) Put the ground beef in the large pan and let it brown. Drain and put it back in the pan.
2.) Add 3/4 cup hot water and seasoning mix, Stir until all combine.
3.) Let is simmer for 5 minutes.Remove the cooked taco meat on the stove top.
4.) Assemble your taco salad according to your preference and ENJOY!

Tips: Feel free to experiment with your taco's, add your own twist and flavor into it. ENJOY!
       
( sour cream overload for my taco's:) )

51 comments:

  1. Yummy! I've never tried it with sour cream. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my eldest daughter's faves! It's really good...and the best thing about it is it's so easy and quick to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! Quick and easy recipes are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea there. I'll give you tip on how to make your own sour cream. for a cup of all-purpose cream, mix 1 tsp of vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank your for the tip how make my own sour cream, def. try it sometime:)

      Delete
  5. I love this! I think I'm going to try it one weekend when I go home to the province. My nephews would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one! Actually I love tacos, too. There's one resto in our place serving super yummy tacos at ang laki pa ng serving ha. But yours is a good alternative for sudden taco craving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. we love doing tacos at home! :) i suddenly missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea when I'm craving for Mexican food. Sometimes using taco shells and layering the fillings is tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter likes taco. Love to try your recipe. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To tell you the truth, I haven't tried taco yet :P :D Your version looks simply delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  11. How I would try it! But my son is allergic to cheese and cheese just makes everything taste better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh! I think some company sell like veggie cheese this days, not sure though:) Thank you, Mys:)

      Delete
  12. Sarap! I love tacos! Your version is easy to make and looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so yummy! Will try this one. Thanks for sharing sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I should try this soon, because like you, there are nights (actually, practically every night) that I don't want to cook. this one is so easy to prepare din :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I usually end up eating my taco the "nacho's way".hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. not a fan of taco. lol but it looks yummy. thanks for sharing, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks yum! never tried making one but this one looks enticing! might try one day, thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Yes tacos! I was thinking what to experiment for snack earlier. I might have my own experiment of this soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is interesting I would like to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tacos is love. We used pork or tuna naman. Craving for tacos again, we just had it last week :)

    Mommy Maye2

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahah yeah good idea, actually, to just have those crushed tacos in the salad. I love tacos, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love tacos! and i want to copy this recipe woot!

    ReplyDelete
  23. this gave me an idea on what to serve tomorrow afternoon. But I am planning to make cassava suman.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments. Don't forget to leave your link so that I can visit your blog as well. Thank you! Have a great day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CupcakeStrawberry On Top Of CupcakePumpkinSanta Claus WalkingSanta Claus WalkingCoca-Cola