"

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Outer Banks, NC. Family Vacation


  Our Outer Banks, NC. Vacation 2013



Hello everyone! I'm back from my family vacation, back to work and of course back to blogging. I missed you guys!:)
There's nothing I could complained about my vacation. It was memorable and fun experience. We stayed in private condo with easy access to the beach, indoor pool and very close to stores, restaurants and gift shoppe. I can looked up the beautiful ocean view right on the deck. I wished, we could spent more time...and I'm excited to share my food escapade and all the memorable things.:)


 Saturday 
 After 13 hours of driving we finally arrived at Nags Head, NC. Due to excitement I just threw my bags on the condo and head on the beach along with my kids and hubby and that's how things started..:)

Sunday
We started the day by heading to the beach. It is so much joy seeing my kiddies having fun playing on the beach. Then we head out to Applebee's for dinner in celebration with Granny's birthday. It was fun and memorable experience and the food is just delicious.
( Blackened sirloin over potatoes & shrimp creamy fettuccine)

Monday 
I was happy to cooked for everybody, So, I made rice, green beans, caldereta minus the peas ( beef stew with potato and carrots) and chocolate chunk peanut butter brownies for dessert
After the dinner the whole family had a camp fire and s'mores on the beach. It was amazing experience:) 


Tuesday
Me, Reese and Hubby head out for a wonderful seafood lunch at Dirty Dicks Crab House. It was AWESOME! seafood experience for me. Dirty Dicks, also offered good variety selection to those non-seafood fan. Hubby got some ( beef fried Po Boy sandwich with fries) Reese ( Pulled Pork sandwich and chips):)
I started my lunch with clam chowder soup along with free hush puppies.. yum! and then followed by
shrimp,lobster, scallop kabobs over wild rice, Of course you can't leave dirty dicks without trying their crab,So, why not? I ordered crab legs and it goes along with potato, corn on the cob and sausage. I ate everything exclude the potato and corn. It's unbelievable how I ate everything (hahahha) It was fun, scrumptious experience :)
After lunch we head out on the beach where my kiddies are playing with their cousins.

 My mother in-law (Cheri) prepared cook out dinner for everybody, we had burgers, hotdogs, bratwurst, bake beans, corn, fruits,tater tots. The food is really good.:) 
Then, for the first time. I got a chanced to watched an outdoor play " The Lost Colony" I would say MUST SEE if you're having a vacation at Outer Banks. I love the show and how all the characters played. I'm wondering what happened to them?  they just simply vanished with no trace of evidence, nothing.... One theory in my mind they probably died with disease.. I don't know.:)
( excited to watched " The Lost Colony"@ Raonoke Island, NC )


Wednesday-  
We treat the kiddies by heading to the movie theater to watched " TURBO" on first day released. The movie is really nice and entertaining. My kids and their cousins LOVED IT:)

My sister in-law (Kindra) prepared Mexican dinner for everybody, We had Bake Taco's, Mexican rice, re-fried beans and chocolate M&M's icecream. Delicious as always!

Thursday
We had meatloaf, salad, potatoes,beans for dinner prepared by Granny Helen and chocolate brownies for dessert.. YUMMO! perfect family night.

The whole family head out to "Jockey Ridge"- the tallest natural sand dune system in the Eastern United States. Located in Nags Head, it is one of the most significant landmarks on the Outer Banks, North Carolina. Always changing, always beautiful… (source: http://jockeysridgestatepark.com/)
( @ jockey's ridge)
Friday
We spent most of the time just hanging out on the beach...
Packed our stuff, head to the store grab some few goodies for our long trip back home. 
We had SONIC for dinner. I had cheeseburger with tater tots and chocolate fudge brownie for dessert.. YUM! and we did had long walked on the beach....saying goodbye to the beach and picked up some sea shells to take home with us.
Saturday 
We left early to avoid the traffic and indeed.. it was a success. Left at 7:10 at Nags Head arrived home round 8:00 p.m-
It was nice to have wonderful vacation with family, Its double the FUN and EXCITEMENT. ..:)

27 comments:

  1. Looks like u had a lovely vacation. Nice pics and so much yummy food...that's what vacations are mainly for isn't it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, I think the only way to explore the place is through their food. Thank you, Manju:)

      Delete
  2. So nice vacation. Buti d ka tumataba sa mga pagkain:)
    Welcome back:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy:) I have 2 hyper active kiddies that burn all my calories.. Inuubos minsan ng mga anak ko, tapos nagluluto lang din ako if my friends come over... See how things unfold 10 years from now..:)

      Delete
  3. Welcome back!

    The food looks delicious! I'm glad you all had a great time. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing vacation, I wish I'm there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice vacay Im glad u had fun, spending time with family is always fun :) i didnt know u had kids already. I wish i will still be petite if i got one soon he he

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I have 2:) Its always fun being with my family, Thank you, Leah:)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great vacay!! I would love to visit the outer banks sometime. My sister just loved it when she went too. All your food looked great and I'm glad I just ate lunch!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy vacation :) I love crabs! Super favorite.

    Nice photo of the beach. I love places like NC, off the beaten tourist path. If I ever visit the US again Ill make sure to visit places like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love being in the beach like Outer Banks..great place for vacation.:)

      Delete
  8. that was a grand vacation...love the foods...yummmeh, i'm drooling haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sure was a long drive but definitely worth it! All the photo pictures you posted are delicious and yes, I would like to taste the crab legs too!

    By the way, I like your tanned skin, ang ganda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very exciting vacation with some delicious foods on the plate. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post made me long to visit my aunts in Chicago and my Uncle in L.A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it would be nice to see your love ones..:)

      Delete
  12. Cool, glad to know you had a grand time there! I'd love to visit my relatives and friends in the US, too. Someday soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You surely had fun on your family vacation, Melgie! And I'm drooling over all the food photos. :-( Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Food will always be part of every trip no. Nice vacation and I saw your latest vacation too. I'm hoping for that kind vacation too. No time lang lagi.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments. Don't forget to leave your link so that I can visit your blog as well. Thank you! Have a great day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CupcakeStrawberry On Top Of CupcakePumpkinSanta Claus WalkingSanta Claus WalkingCoca-Cola