"

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Lumpia Shanghai Espesyal Recipe

Lumpia Shanghai Recipe -Updated



Hello Everyone!
Did you get excited seeing Lumpia on the photo? I'll do! This is my second favorite food next to Pansit. This is like updated version recipe, Since, I posted Lumpia recipe back when I started this blog which is like two years ago. I've seen few variations of lumpia recipe, so far I tried the Lumpia Shanghai-  which compose of meat usually ground pork and Vege Lumpia- which compose of vegetables but some folks add some rice noodles into the mix. What kind of Lumpia is your favorite? I prefer the Lumpia Shanghai myself, Since, I always made them for my daughter's birthday and some special occasions. Actually one of my favorite!  In this blog post, I'll be showing the step by step on how easy it is to wrap the Lumpia. Awesome!
Now, let's talk about the main ingredients? The Lumpia Wrapper-  If you are living abroad, you'll find lumpia wrapper at any Asian store. The Lumpia wrapper is so thin, delicate and easy to dry up. Make sure that you put towel on the top to make sure that it will stay soft and easy for the wrapping process later on. 
What to do if the Lumpia wrapper is frozen? which is so typical when your living abroad.
* Defrost- I leave the wrapper on the counter for like an hour or so while I'll make the filling
* Put in your microwave on DEFROST for like 25-30 second. Once you feel its soft and you can bend it. Then its good to go.:)
Some folks put some peppers, cabbage and other vegetables. I think they are equally delicious and I Love them all. What are your favorites on your Lumpia? 
The recipe that I'll be sharing you today is the recipe that my Mom taught me. So simple and so easy! C'mon you guys join me in my kitchen and I'll show you how easy it is to make this cute babies. So perfect for any occasion and surely impress everyone.


 Notes: Adjust the taste according to your preference. Don't forget to add your favorite vegetables. Double the quantity for larger crowd..wink:)-


 Lumpia Shanghai Recipe

Ingredients:
1 lbs. ground pork
2 medium size carrots- peeled and chopped
1 egg
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Lumpia wrapper
1 medium onion- chopped
3 garlic cloved
Salt and Pepper
Water- used to seal the tip on the lumpia

Filling Recipe
 * Put the carrots, onion and garlic in food processor ( if you have one) or chopped into little pieces. Set aside. In large bowl, mix all the ingredients ground pork, chopped veggies,breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Mix it together until everything is combine. Set aside.
* Defrost your Lumpia wrapper-

Instructions:
1.) Carefully separate the Lumpia wrapper.
2.) Put spoonful of lumpia filling towards the center of Lumpia wrapper.
3.) Fold the two side towards the middle. Make sure that you leave a space on the middle.
4.) Then, fold the other pieces towards the middle. It should look like the photo above ref.#4
5.) Start rolling the lumpia and make it tighter as you go. Make sure that you leave a little space. Brush it with water and it should seal the lumpia.
6.)  Put the perfect rolled lumpia onto the container.  DONE! Just do it all over again until your finish.
- See the photo above for super easy tutorial.:)

How likely are you going to make Lumpia on your next potluck party? Anyway, I hope you find this recipe so easy and delicious. Its so perfect with sweet chilli sauce by the way. Yum!
P.S- To all my lovely readers and followers- I'll be out for a week of vacation with my family. I'm beyond excited, we are going to Outerbanks! When I get back I'll be sharing my adventures and food escapade..:) Just keep checking and reading my blog and I hope my recipes inspire you to cook. Keep the comments coming, guys! I'll be reading them all. I'll see you next next week. Have great day.:)

xoxoxo- Melgie

Share the LOVE

23 comments:

  1. As a meat lover, I love lumpiang shanghai, and your version looks really yummy! I'm getting hungry! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish! I often have a difficulty in making even lumpia rolls. Our lumpia is smaller than yours. I dunno if we have large lumpia wrapper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen bigger lumpia wrapper but I always used the smaller one in that way I don't have cut it off. Thank you:)

      Delete
  3. I hope my post went through because I couldn't find my old comments in your posts :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got your message on Strawberry Freeze and this one. Don't worry about it, maybe just some issues on the internet.:)

      Delete
  4. I haven't tasted this dish before.. but it sure looks like spring roll. Must try to make it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its kinda like spring rolls but the filling is ground pork. I love spring rolls too.:)

      Delete
  5. Next to dinuguan, lumpiang shanghai is my favorite fiesta/birthday/special occasion dish! No wonder I order lumpia even at fastfood chain. Thanks for this version of shanghai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Sis, All time favorite na iimagine ko yung dinuguan.. sarap!:)

      Delete
  6. I love lumpiang shanghai and this just made me crave for one. Daddy just made lumpiang GG naman anf it tastes good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to try the Lumpia GG kaso walang masayadong Galunggong dito. Thanks!:)

      Delete
  7. wow ang sarap talaga.. I hope to try the recipe soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that this will go best with pancit and cola.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! getting hungry thinking about the two combo. Thank you:)

      Delete
  9. love how you made it look so easy to wrap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do that trick it makes everything so fast and easy. Thank you, Sis:)

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments. Don't forget to leave your link so that I can visit your blog as well. Thank you! Have a great day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CupcakeStrawberry On Top Of CupcakePumpkinSanta Claus WalkingSanta Claus WalkingCoca-Cola