"

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pineapple Hopia Recipe

Pineapple Hopia Recipe


Hello Everyone! How was your week doing so far? Last week, my daughter started kindergarten and I couldn't be more happier. It's been a hectic schedule for me and still getting used to my new routine. I'm so happy to share that my kindergarten made her first week. She definitely love school! Anyways, talking about school and what not? I have a really awesome recipe that you could make for school lunches and even perfect for any special occasions. Pineapple Hopia is a perfect after school merienda that your kids will love and enjoy.  First, lets talk about what is HOPIA?- its basically a pastry dough filled with sweet or savory filling. It's flaky, sweet and just simply delicious. It's very popular in the Philippines for snacks and favored gifts to friends and relatives. This is also one of my favorite snack!  So, the other day I made a Pineapple Hopia for my family and it was a SUCCESS! Hopia is usually filled with Mungbean paste or Ube ( purple yam) Since, I don't have those ingredients on hand. I used crushed pineapple instead. It was delicious! The flavored just blend in with flaky hopia and the sweetness of the pineapple. Yum!- That's the story behind this Pineapple Hopia (wink)
The recipe was inspired by my desire to munch on some hopia. I terribly missed it! and now I'm so glad I'm able to just make my own anytime I want. I found the dough recipe online (totally forgot the site) and its super easy to make. I suggest to give the Pineapple Hopia a try but the Classic Hopia flavor is also really good. Are you excited to make some Hopia? C'mon join me in my kitchen and lets bake some! This is going to be a fun surprise for your kiddies when they get home from school... wink!


Ingredients:
- Notes: Feel free to used available hopia filling you have like Monggo Beans, Ube or Pork.
 
Hopia Filling-
(1) 20 0z can Pineapple crush
1/2 cup sugar

- Notes: Put the dough mix in two separate bowl.
Dough #1 
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup butter
Pinch of salt

Dough #2
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar

- Eggwash - for finishing touch. 

Directions:

1.) Cook the filling by combing the pineapple and sugar into a pan. Stir and mix until the pineapple feel sticky and the juice dissolve. Set aside and let it cool.
2.) Now, Its time to make the dough by mixing all the ingredients separately for dough#1 and dough#. I suggest to used different color bowls when mixing the dough.
3.) After you mix the dough separately. Take dough#1 into light floured surface and roll it flat about 1/2 inch thick. Put dough#2 on the top and spread it nicely around dough#1.
4.) Carefully roll the dough, gather the edges and set it aside. Repeat the process until all the dough is roll up.
5.) Preheat the oven onto 400 Fahrenheit.
6.) Sliced the roll dough into small pieces, see the photo below for reference. Roll the sliced dough into lightly floured surface, put the filling on the middle, collect on the side and form it into little ball and flatten it before putting into the pan.
7.) Repeat the process until all 18-24 hopia is done. The size varies depending on how big you want it to be.
8.)Brush the Hopia with eggwash and bake for 15-20 minutes or until its golden brown on top.
9.) Enjoy your fresh bake hopia. Yum!



Pretty easy huh? I told you and its delicious!. I think this is the best time to bond with your friends and simply make some hopia while waiting for your kids to get home. I enjoyed the whole process of making Hopia, I think its so much fun! especially when you smell it all over your house.
I hope you smell that sweet faky delicious hopia and be inspired to make it at your own kitchen. Until next time everyone! I hope you love hopia as much as I do. Share me your favorite hopia flavor on the comments below. I'll be reading them all..:) Enjoy the rest of the day and See you in few days for more awesome recipes:)

xoxox- Melgie

Share the LOVE!:)

25 comments:

  1. Congrats on your daughter starting kindergarten! And this recipe looks intriguing and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Keith:) Its really good perfect for snack anytime, especially in the morning.:)

      Delete
  2. I have not tasted any pineapple hopia. Pineapple pie is a delicious one, so maybe it has this the same taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, just in different forms. I should give Pineapple Pie a try sometime.:) thank you

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this baked goodies. I will try this one. Medyo sawa na din kasi sa cookies, pizza and cheesecakes. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Schoolgirl and Mommy! And I love that hopia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cooking looks so easy when you do it. At ang innovative mo sis coz you can cook with a twist. This sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cooking looks so easy when you do it. At ang innovative mo sis coz you can cook with a twist. This sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pineapple bun looks so yummy. The kids are not really into sweet pastry unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It taste like a pie it just wrapped all the way, and you can adjust the sweetnest according to your preference. Thank you, Sis:)

      Delete
  8. Looks yummy sis. I am asking Daddy Allan to make buko pie so why not pineapple pie or this pineapple hopia. This reminds me of my favorite pineapple roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's perfect Sis, it taste like pie, na wrapped lang cia all the way. Thanks!:)

      Delete
  9. It sounds alot of prep going on but the product makes it all worth it. Can I have some please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt like its a lot but when you know the process, smooth sailing nalng. Sure! Come on over I'll make some for you:)

      Delete
  10. This looks so much like our pineapple tart. I'm sure it tastes delish also :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the the smell of any food being cooked or baked. And your hopia recipe reminds me of the recent hopia we got which was really creamy and delicious. Your baking and cooking skills are really admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments. Don't forget to leave your link so that I can visit your blog as well. Thank you! Have a great day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CupcakeStrawberry On Top Of CupcakePumpkinSanta Claus WalkingSanta Claus WalkingCoca-Cola