"

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Easy Taho Recipe

Super Easy Classic Taho Recipe


 Hello Everyone!
How you all doing this week? I hope you get so excited seeing TAHO recipe on the menu for today. Yup! I am a super TAHO fan. I can literally eat this, almost everyday if I want to. It also reminds me of my childhood memories where I ate this scrumptious merienda with my family and friends.So FUN!
 It's pretty popular snack in the Philippines because its very affordable and just simply delicious that satisfy your sweet cravings.Typically the TAHO vendors carries two big aluminum bucket and usually seen on the streets in the Philippines. If yo want to try this delicious treat in the Philippines, you know what to look for.. wink:)
To my avid readers wondering what TAHO means- It's a Filipino snack made with fresh  soft/silken tofu, sago pearl or similar to tapioca pearl with hot caramel sauce made of carmalized brown sugar. Best serve when its WARM. Yum!
And to those, whose far away from home and missing TAHO. Well, I got a super easy recipe that you can make at home. Oh! not to mention that you'll only need 3 ingredients to make this classic marienda. Yup! only 3, how cool is that?  So, are you a TAHO fan? What's your favorite memories behind it? Bring those sweet memories by making Taho at home. Come on, Join me in my kitchen as I made this classic Merienda.
Check out the recipe below!

Super Easy Taho Recipe
* NOTES- Used whatever tapioca pearls on hand. Adjust the recipe for larger crowd.

Ingredients:
1 cup of tapioca pearl- I used small size tapioca pearl
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 (16 oz) Nasoya Organic Silken Tofu


Directions:
1.) In large pan, boil 3-4 cups of water. Add the tapioca pearl and cooked until its cooked. It should take about 30-40 minutes depending on how big your tapioca pearl. Keep on checking just in case you need to add more water.
2.) Meanwhile, In another pan. Add 1/2 cup water let it boil. Add 2 cups of sugar ( adjust the taste according to your preference) and let it caramelized. Set aside
3.) When Tapioca is done and the caramelized sugar is done. Make sure that everything is warm. Heat the Tofu in high heat for 2-3 minutes.
4.) Get your favorite cup/serving glass. Scoop a little bit of tapioca, tofu, add caramel sauce. Repeat the process until your cups is full. Add more caramel sauce on the top. ENJOY!
--- Ask your friends to come over and have fun eating TAHO together---



My very own taho, cook and served with LOVE-- delish! A perfect snack for friends coming over and best serve when its warm. I hope this recipe make you excited for the rest of the week. Don't forget to share the super easy and delicious recipe to your family and friends. Until  next time everyone! Be inspired and have some Taho this weekend. Leave me any comments below on what you think about Taho. I'll be reading them all. See you in few days for more awesome recipe and have sweet bite everyone! wink

xoxox- Melgie

Share the LOVE:)

35 comments:

  1. I love taho! Always brings back great memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Always, those happy moments makes this TAHO so delicious. Thanks Rea:)

      Delete
  2. I wonder where I can get silken tofu in my town. I am always wary of buying taho from the Mamang vendor. I saw one vendor peeing on the 'pader' and I do not see him carrying sanitizer or alcohol. Gross!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Supermarket carries silken tofu.. That's so eww! I recommend making it at home nalng for sure!:) Thanks

      Delete
    2. I was looking for the taho stand at the mall. Did not find one. Will try to look for silken tofu next time.

      Delete
  3. Same with Kat, I need to look for silken tofy. My son loves taho e and just like Kat, my main concern is the sanitation. Most of the taho vendors I saw is smoking so for now no more taho muna for Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Sis, its better to make it at home to make sure that its good. I don't blame, I've seen a lot of Taho vendors that really smoke. I hope you'll find silken tofu in super market. Thanks:)

      Delete
  4. Does it taste the same like the ones you can buy thru taho vendors? It's been so long since I had taho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its exactly taste the same but a little better because you know all the ingredients and cooked with love..:) Thanks:)

      Delete
  5. I'm not really a TAHO fan, but I love to try this recipe of yours it looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY - I must definitely try this someday. Thank you for sharing as always :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my son, loves Taho, it will be great if I could make one at home in the future. thanks for sharing the recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Sis, so simple and super easy. I'm sure you'll have taho in no time.

      Delete
  8. My favorite breakfast! I love taho with lots of arnival... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love taho especially when I'm dieting. I try to put little sugar to avoid the unnecessary calories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adjust the taste is good when you make it at home.:) Thanks Sis

      Delete
  10. I loved your post, as always great. some nice photos.

    Sibaritismosdeinma

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried that dessert before. I'm sure it makes a great snack for guest who visit you :) They are so fortunate to taste your yummy creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sis, its really good snack for company coming over and kids liked them.:)

      Delete
  12. hmm..so that is another use of the silken tofu!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I and some of my kids love taho especially with the sago and syrup. We just buy from the vendor going around the neighborhood though it's more expensive now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids love TAHO too and its super easy to make. I probably make more often. Thanks!:)

      Delete
  14. Your taho really looks so delicious, unlike those sold by mamang taho. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eheheh Thank you, Sis. I can make you some! merienda:)

      Delete
  15. I have eaten taho which had a firmer quality in San Juan. It tasted very very good too. Sana the regular taho vendors did theirs the same way. But this healthy merienda is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its one of my to go merienda as well, super easy to make and so good. Thank you, Sis:)

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments. Don't forget to leave your link so that I can visit your blog as well. Thank you! Have a great day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CupcakeStrawberry On Top Of CupcakePumpkinSanta Claus WalkingSanta Claus WalkingCoca-Cola