"

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Beef Kaldereta Recipe


Beef  Kaldereta Recipe


Kaldereta is a popular dish in the Philippines, especially on Luzon Island.
Kaldereta is a favorite Filipino meal served during parties, festivities and other special occasions in the Philippines. It is a Spanish-influenced dish (the Spanish word "caldera" means cauldron) that became to be Filipinos' favorite and made their own versions. Originally, the main ingredients of this dish includes goat meat, tomato sauce, liver, pepper and cheese. Variations of this dish is with beef, chicken and or pork. Beef Kaldereta is a common dish in the Philippines made with stewing cuts of beef simmered until tender. ( source: wikipedia )

Hello! Guys, Anyone hungry for some beef kaldereta? Yep! that's what we gonna have this week, I'm thinking this would be perfect comfort food for this cold rainy days, Sauteed Green Beans for side dish and leave some room for Iced Pumpkin cookies, chocolate crinkles or even macaroni salad for dessert. A perfect family dinner indeed that everyone will enjoy. The aroma from beef caldereta is all over the house right now, wonder why I feel like I'm drooling while writing this post (hahahha). Kaldereta is best when the meat so tender, So, expecting that the cooking process is like 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the cut of the meat, Perhaps you could used slow cooker on this process or pressure cooker. I simmerred mine for long period of time, enough for me to finish blogging about it ( wink). This recipe is totally my version of Kaldereta, I don't have any peas on hand at the time, So, I added the Bokchoy instead but feel free to make your own twist of classic Kaldereta. The good thing about cooking, is when your having FUN.
Anyways, If you do have some awesome recipe for Kaldereta, or ingredients that I miss or anything at all. Feel free to leave a comment on my blog. I'll be more than happy to know. Check out my recipe below and see you in few days for more recipe. Have a sweet and fun week everyone.

Notes:
-This recipe serve for 4 people, adjust the ingredients depending on the number of guest you have.
-Taste according to your preference.
-Use your favorite sauce and ingredients.

Ingredients:
1 lbs. Beef sirloin- ( Used whatever you have in hand)
1 medium onion- chopped
2 clove garlic- thinly sliced
2 medium size potato
2 carrots
1 bokchoy- (opitonal)
Salt n Pepper- to taste
2 teaspoon oil
3 teaspoon soy sauce
3/4 cup tomato sauce
2-3 cups water or beef stock



Directions:
1.) Marinate the cut beef with little soy sauce. Set aside.
2.) Put oil in large pot, Add the garlic and onion. Saute until translucent.
3.) Add the marinated beef. Let it simmer for like 5-8 minutes or until brown.
4.) Add enough water or stock to level up the meat. Let it cook slow until the meat become tender. I would say 45 minutes to an hour depending on the cut of meat.
NOTE: Keep checking on it every 15 minutes. Make sure that there's enough water or beef stock on the pot to avoid burned caldereta.
5.) When the water or beef stock reduced and the meat is tender. Time to add the tomato sauce and the chopped vegetables. Salt and Pepper to taste. Let it simmer until the vegetables are cooked through.
6.) Best served when HOT! along with rice and sauteed green beans. ENJOY!




 - Grab your plate and have some Kaldereta :)

59 comments:

  1. I would love to have a second serving please ;-) sounds yummy. Thx for stopping by my place and following me. I'm following you back on GFC #54.
    have a lovely Sunday
    xo
    Lenya
    www.fashiondreamsandlifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a cold morning here and this sounds so nice!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't really tried cooking beef stew for the family but yours certainly look heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ay nakakagutom! Just wondering. You didn't use cheese and liver no? Staple kasi yan sa caldereta namin. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't used cheese or liver on my kaldereta, thanks for the tip, I'll used this ingredient next time.:)

      Delete
  5. This is one of my favorite beef dishes and sometimes I add more cheese kasi mas malinamnam! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that cheese will be good with this dish, I'm gonna try it next time.. Thank you, Sis:)

      Delete
  6. Now, I'm craving for some caldereta. I bookmarked this. I don't know how to cook kasi talaga eh.. Huhu. This will help! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. home-cooked beef caldereta was what we brought to last sunday's potluck lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, ang sarap. i think i'll have my mom or sister cook this over the weekend. comfort food talaga.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried cooking caldereta with pechay. I love it cooked with coconut milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga, pero its ok naman..I should try one with coconut milk next time:) Thank you:)

      Delete
  10. Kaldereta is one of my ultimate fave dishes that at any time I see it on the table, I'd really GO for it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im coming to taste your caldereta:)
    My favorite! Now, I am totally hungry:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahha, come on over here! I need some company especially we just have our first snow today, its kinda cold.. sarap kumain pag may kasama.:)

      Delete
  12. i love caldereta, especially with cheese and liver (liver spread will do), and of course, spicy! yummy! once, i tasted this super spicy hot caldereta with loads of cheese from one of my fomer officemate's party at home and it was super super yummy, especially with steaming hot white rice. yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sound so good, I love spicy food too..:)Thank you:)

      Delete
  13. I don't really eat beef but I love calderata (either pork or chicken), and your beef caldereta looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!:) I think its also good with pork or chicken

      Delete
  14. My mom also makes good kaldereta...I love it spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our version of Kaldereta has no cheese din. But sometimes I interchange Kaldereta and Menudo. What's the difference? Kasi sa amin, both cooked in tomato sauce naman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Menudo often cooked with liver spread while Kaldereta have cheese on them, and yes both are cooked with tomato sauce. Hope it helps:) But I like my kaldereta without cheese on them though. Thanks!

      Delete
  16. Just when I am looking for some good food I see this, I hope I can taste this. It sure looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nomnom! I love to cook Caldereta too. It's simple and not time consuming, Mix2x lang. Hehehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. We also cook caldereta at home but using the ready made caldereta sauce. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen something like that at asian store too, Yung Mama Sita's, I should try that one next time. Thanks

      Delete
  19. I'm back again... the caldereta looks so delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beef Kaldereta is one of my favorite dishes! I always order this when we go to Filipino restos, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I looks delicious. The steps are similar with afritada. I usually follow the instructions from the sauce packs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yum! This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. your post made me missed kalderita, haven't eating this food or quite a while already

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ayy parang gusto ko tuloy magluto ! I love it kaya

    ReplyDelete
  25. Natakam naman ako! :) Beef caldereta is one of my all-time favorite food. Maybe I'll cook some later for dinner. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaldereta sound really good for dinner tonight..:)

      Delete
  26. We had this super yummy beef kaldereta while on vacation last week. Gusto ko ulit! And timing to read this after reading Marie's post about pork, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love kaldereta especially when it is spicy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here!:) I should make spicy version next time

      Delete
  28. Looks delicious... I wonder if I can adapt it to a mix of veggies? Delish!
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, Just all mix veggies with spicy flavor to it..:)

      Delete
  29. we don't eat beef..but it looks delicious...Happy to follow you...visit me when you get chance..
    Simply Delicious
    http://welcometomyrasoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I totally understand:) I'm following you back:)

      Delete
  30. Nothing beats caldereta with hot white rice!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't I'll ever perfect my kaldereta. Seems like you make it so easy like 123. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Our family loves beef kaldereta too, mapapaextra rice. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments. Don't forget to leave your link so that I can visit your blog as well. Thank you! Have a great day:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CupcakeStrawberry On Top Of CupcakePumpkinSanta Claus WalkingSanta Claus WalkingCoca-Cola